Sunday, January 18, 2015

Learning to Run Free

Learning to Run Free

I realized a little bit ago that when I'm running or cycling I don't look around at my surroundings.  I am not talking about not paying attention to cars/other runners/other cyclists, I'm talking about not paying attention to the scenery around me.  I was running up a hill the other day that I run about 4 times a week.  For some reason that day I chose to look past the trail and at the homes around me and realized they were gorgeous! How could I have missed them before? That was when I started to think about the way I ran.  




This past month I have been really trying to run for the love of running. I have been trying not to stress if I can only get a 6 mile run in, and I have been trying to keep my runs to an hour max. I know, sounds crazy, but stuff like that stresses me out. I used to think there would be no point in going out for a run unless I could run for more than an hour. Dumb I know. 

I feel I am a much better runner now because of it. Not stressing over the little things and enjoying being able to be out there running and seeing where my legs take me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment